Apple Blossom Day is a day to celebrate the beauty and bounty of apple blossoms. It is a time to enjoy the fresh spring air, the sweet scent of apple blossoms, and the delicious fruits that will soon follow.
There are many ways to celebrate Apple Blossom Day. You can go for a walk in an apple orchard, have a picnic under the trees, or simply enjoy the beauty of the blossoms from your window.
One option this weekend, from 1 pm till 5 pm this Sunday 30 April 2023, Home Farm Orchard in Stanmer Park will celebrate Apple Blossom Day.
On the hour, there will be blossom tours as well as music, talks and activities throughout the afternoon to keep the kids entertained.
If you’d like more information about this free event, go to https://brightonpermaculture.org.uk/apple-blossom-day/
No matter how you choose to celebrate, Apple Blossom Day is a time to enjoy the beauty of spring and the bounty of apple trees.
Here are some additional facts about apple blossoms:
- Apple blossoms are white or pink in colour.
- Apple blossoms bloom in the spring, usually in April or May.
- Apple blossoms are a source of food for bees and other pollinators.
- Apple blossoms are a symbol of springtime and new beginnings.
- Apple blossoms are used to make apple cider, applesauce, and apple pie.